Boost Mobile ACP Program is a popular wireless telecommunication service provider in the US. They offer various phone services, including messaging, voice calls, and internet access. Recently, Boost Mobile ACP Program has joined the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) to assist low-income families in accessing the Internet quickly.
While other ACP providers are available, here are some reasons I recommend choosing Boost Mobile ACP Program. They offer affordable internet connections that meet your needs for work, education, healthcare, and more. You can also enjoy discounted services for hotspots, tablets, and smartphones. These plans come with unlimited calls and messaging at no extra cost.
Boost Mobile Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) – Making Internet Access Affordable
The unexpected outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic brought significant changes to our lives. With quarantine measures in place, many activities such as work, school, and healthcare shifted online. Unfortunately, this posed a challenge for individuals and families who couldn’t afford internet connection services during these challenging times. The government established the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program to address this issue, which aimed to make internet services more affordable. Boost Mobile ACP Program is one of the participating providers in this program.
However, starting December 31, 2021, the EBB program transitioned to the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). Boost Mobile ACP program is a federal government initiative designed to assist eligible households in affording internet connectivity. It’s important to note that specific criteria and restrictions are in place to qualify for the Boost Mobile ACP Program. Eligibility is typically based on income levels or participation in particular assistance programs.
Boost Mobile Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) in 2023: Benefits and Eligibility
The Boost Mobile Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) continues to benefit consumers who previously received the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB). Here’s how the program works in 2023:
Consumers who were part of the EBB program will continue to receive their benefits as usual during a 60-day transition period under ACP. This ensures a seamless continuation of services.
Qualified consumers under ACP can enjoy monthly discounts on smartphone plans. For non-tribal lands, the discounted program is valued at $30 per month, while for tribal lands, it is valued at $60 per month. This plan includes unlimited text, talks, and 7GB of 4G/5G data. However, there may be a possibility of reduced data speeds after exceeding the allotted amount.
Mobile Hotspot Data
ACP-eligible consumers also receive up to 7GB of 5G/4G mobile hotspot data valued at $30 monthly. To utilize this feature, you need a Boost Mobile-compatible phone that can connect up to 8 devices.
Boost Mobile ACP Program customers qualifying for ACP also gain access to a tablet plan that provides 7GB of free data every month.
New eligible customers who want to take advantage of ACP’s discounted plans can apply and receive a Boost Mobile ACP Program promo code to track their enrollment and funding amount. Existing eligible customers receive an ePin to cover any plan change charges during activation.
It’s essential to meet the eligibility requirements and follow the application process to benefit from the discounted plans and services offered through Boost Mobile ACP Program Affordable Connectivity Program.
Eligibility for Boost Mobile ACP Program Affordable Connectivity Program
You must meet specific criteria to be eligible for the Boost Mobile Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). This program is designed to assist low-income households in accessing affordable connectivity services. Here is a simple guide to determine if you are eligible for Boost Mobile ACP Program:
To qualify for the Boost Mobile Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), it is essential to meet specific income requirements. The program is specifically designed for low-income individuals and families. Here are the key points to understand about income eligibility:
- Your income should be below or equal to 200% of the federal poverty guidelines. These guidelines determine the income level considered as low income based on household size and state of residence.
- The federal poverty guidelines are revised annually, and the new guidelines for 2022 are in effect. The specific income limits vary by state and household size. For example, in Alaska, the income limit for a household of 1 is $16,990, and for a family of 8, it is $58,290. In Hawaii, the limit is $15,630 for a household of 1 and $53,640 for a home of 8.
Boost Mobile ACP is available to individuals who qualify for specific government assistance programs. If you are already a participant in these programs, you automatically meet the eligibility criteria for Boost Mobile ACP. The programs include:
For Non-Tribal Lands:
- Medicaid: Government healthcare assistance for low-income individuals and families.
- Federal public housing assistance: Support for affordable housing provided by the government.
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program): Assistance purchasing food for eligible individuals and families.
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income): Financial assistance for elderly, blind, or disabled individuals with low income and limited resources.
- Veterans survivor pension funds: Support for surviving family members of deceased veterans.
- Low-income home energy assistance program: Assistance with energy bills for qualifying households.
- The national school lunch or breakfast program: Provides free or reduced-price meals to eligible students.
For Tribal Lands:
- Tribal Head Start: Early childhood education and development program for Native American children.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs general assistance: Financial assistance provided by the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
- Tribally administered temporary aid for needy families: Support for Native American families in need.
If you participate in any of these programs, you are considered a low-income earner and qualify for Boost Mobile ACP.
Federal Pell Grant Eligibility
If you have received a federal Pell Grant in the current award year, you are eligible for Boost Mobile ACP. The federal Pell Grant is a government subsidy to financially disadvantaged students who require assistance paying for college tuition. To qualify for Boost Mobile ACP under this criterion, you must be a student pursuing a bachelor’s degree and demonstrate financial need.
Eligibility with WIC
If you participate in the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC), you automatically qualify for Boost Mobile ACP benefits. WIC is a government program designed to assist low-income women, infants, and children up to 5 years old with healthcare and access to nutritious food. As the WIC program specifically targets low-income mothers and children, you are eligible to receive the benefits of Boost Mobile ACP.